My right arm has been immobilized in a sling for two weeks now.
During that time, I've learned a number of valuable lessons that I wish to share with you.
- Put your belt through the loops *before* you pull your pants on.
- Use your legs to stand up from a chair, not your arms.
- Some doors are really heavy.
- Resist the urge to catch things that you drop (this one set me back 2 days).
- Beware of dangling straps in the bathroom.
- Brushing your teeth with the opposite hand is really weird.
- You'll never get used to not sleeping on your favorite side.
- Eating with my left hand makes me feel like a caveman.
- People will always slap you on the shoulder that's in a sling.
- Forget about shoes with laces. Socks are still manageable.
- Get used to going slower with everything you do.
- Make up a good injury story if the real reason sucks.
And the favorite thing that I've learned:
We are so adaptable.